Ideal for kid’s snack.
Are you looking for a healthy muffin recipe to do with your kids during vacation? or just something different to eat at home but healthy and tasty? Well the blueberry oat muffins is a wholesome option that you and your family can enjoy all the time, super easy to make, delicious and the children love them.
– 2 cups rolled oats
– 1/2 cup sugar (you can also use brown sugar or honey)
– 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate (if you don’t have you can skip)
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of plain yogurt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
– Fresh or frozen blueberries
1.- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
2.- Place all the ingredients except the blueberries into a blender or a food processor and process for about 1 minute or until all the ingredients combine well. Last, add the blueberries.
3.- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups to just to the brim.
4.- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden.
5.- Let cool in the muffin pan, serve and enjoy!
– If you want, you can store in the fridge for up to 5 days and serve chilled or slightly warmed. Freeze cooled muffins in a freezer bag with as much air removed as possible for up to 3 months.
– You can also add a very- ripe banana to the mixing, and make blueberry banana oat muffins.
– I have also done them with fresh raspberries and they work really well.
I hope you and your family enjoy the muffins as much as we do!
Live and enjoy a more chic life.